Hatching Guinea eggs.

ZoeS95423

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Hello! I have hatched chicken eggs multiple times, also pheasant eggs twice in the past few years.
Now I am trying guinea eggs. They are due to hatch in a week and a half! Very very excited!
I have not raised guinea before but have been doing my research. Where I stumbled upon something I question.

Some people say guineas can and quite often hatch a day of 2 early. I have an auto egg turner, and am now wondering when should I take it out? With my chickens I take it out on day 18. If guineas can hatch a few days early should I take the turner out on day 23 or 24 instead of 25?
Or should I just not worry and do day 25?
I could hand turn a few days if it came down to it.
Any info would be much appreciated!

Hello! I have hatched chicken eggs multiple times, also pheasant eggs twice in the past few years.
Now I am trying guinea eggs. They are due to hatch in a week and a half! Very very excited!
I have not raised guinea before but have been doing my research. Where I stumbled upon something I question.

Some people say guineas can and quite often hatch a day of 2 early. I have an auto egg turner, and am now wondering when should I take it out? With my chickens I take it out on day 18. If guineas can hatch a few days early should I take the turner out on day 23 or 24 instead of 25?
Or should I just not worry and do day 25?
I could hand turn a few days if it came down to it.
Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks
smile.png

I frequently have guinea keets hatch on day 26. I still leave them in the turner until day 25. On a rare occasion I have miscalculated and had them hatch in the turner without any problems.

My recommendation is to just go to lock down on day 25 and not worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom