Hatching gurus I need your help !! One goose egg in the incubator and alive day 30 when do I help ?

Is it all the way through the membrane? I'd check it right away and make sure it can access air. If you've read Pete55's Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide, you know about making safety holes to help ensure the gosling doesn't run out of air while it's trying to hatch.

I've found that wrong-end pippers often end up needing assistance to hatch. Pyxis has a helpful Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry for reference.

Best of luck!

Is it all the way through the membrane? I'd check it right away and make sure it can access air. If you've read Pete55's Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide, you know about making safety holes to help ensure the gosling doesn't run out of air while it's trying to hatch.

I've found that wrong-end pippers often end up needing assistance to hatch. Pyxis has a helpful Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry for reference.

Best of luck!
Yes it does have a hole in it, just a tiny neele hole but enough for the air to get in
I haven't helped it yet. It's been almost 24 hours and there is another pip on the shell. So I think it's making progress. I'm gonna step in if it doesn't make progress in the next 24 hours

It's so hard to decide when to help tho
I had two duck eggs in this hatch, one pipped on the wrong end and one pipped but didn't make any progress for 48 hours, I took both of them out to help and end up both are just slow absorbing yolks and veins

But I'll watch for progress if it doesn't progress tomorrow night I'll intervene

Back
Top Bottom