Hatching gurus I need your help !! One goose egg in the incubator and alive day 30 when do I help ?

ivy_huan

Songster
May 31, 2022
Can anyone help me here
I set 3 goose eggs last month and 2 made into lockdown with my duck eggs
All my duck eggs are done hatching so I took a look at the goose eggs
One I can feel the movement so I put it right back into the Bator
The other one is very dark but I can't see any movements but I put it back too

Now with one I know for sure it's alive
What can I do to make sure it comes out
Humidity is at 70 right now with all the eggs hatching out

I just realized when I'm writing this that I wasn't sure if I put that egg back how it was before because I felt the movement and got nervous

It's a Pilgrim egg If that makes any difference

My Pilgrims usually externally pip on day 29 and begin hatching on day 30. Has the gosling internally pipped?

Why are you concerned at this point?
I'm just worried because it's my first Gosling hatch and I really want at least one. They are my own eggs

I incubated them with duck eggs. All my duck eggs hatched. I guess because the last few days of humidity fluctuates and whatnot I can't candle them to see the progress

I'm more worried about the one I can't see any movements. At least I know one was moving as I felt it in my hand and put right back

I am actually wrong with the date
I set in on the 30th
So today is day 29. Really hope one will start hatching

Any progress today? I know it's nerve-wracking waiting on eggs to hatch, but patience is definitely needed. 🙂
I think it's the unknown part that is killing me. This is my first time hatching goose eggs so I really don't know what to expect

Attachments

• PXL_20230430_023824909.jpg
    PXL_20230430_023824909.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 6
Expect them to take longer than chickens to hatch. Be patient. You’ll hear the gosling and see the egg moving every now and then. It’ll come out when it’s ready. Did you candle and check the air cell to make sure things were looking good?

When you candle and see just a black space and air sac. It usually means the embryo is getting ready to hatch.
Yea all I saw was the whole egg filled black, air cell and I can't see any movements. That's kinda make me worried while the other egg was moving on the inside
Tho I got a pip today. On the wrong end tho
Its the one that has been chirping last couple of days

Attachments

Expect them to take longer than chickens to hatch. Be patient. You’ll hear the gosling and see the egg moving every now and then. It’ll come out when it’s ready. Did you candle and check the air cell to make sure things were looking good?
I haven't candled them the last few days. I had duck and chicken eggs hatching there.
I sneaked the two out when I took out half of my hatched ducklings.
One I can clearly feel the movement inside the egg so I put it right back in
The other one I candled it, all dark, decent air cell but no movement. I am hoping it's getting ready to hatch no died in shell

Here is my pipped goose egg
I'm gonna try to sit on my hand for a while lol. Since it pipped on the wrong end I'm gonna need to be extra patient

Attachments

Back
Top Bottom