Hatching Incubator Problems, Multiple Hatches At the Same Time, Too much humidity

MontainBourbons

Songster
Jan 31, 2016
McCall Idaho
Hello, I am just about to start hatching out my eggs in my GQF cabinet incubator and last year I ran into lots of problems. I need lots of poultry so I usually have to do a couple of batches. The only bad thing is when I need to raise the humididty the eggs that hatch later suffer. The eggsac shrinks too much. Does anybody know of a good solution or even just an incubator just for just hatching???

I'm incubating in my 1502 for the first time now. bobwhite and cream legbar. so I am not sure about hatching and still incubating at same time.

I'm not going to use it as a hatcher. I have a couple 1588 genesis I'm going to hatch in.

I'm hoping to maintain humidity for incubating eggs. And the mess of hatching will be confined to the styro.

Plan to set eggs each week.

What Feedman said.
I incubate in the cabinet and hatch in the 2 Genesis. You can find used styrofoam incubators on Craigslist pretty often. Or wait another month or two until they go on sale at the farm stores. Even a still air styrofoam will work for hatching. I found I got better results by partially covering the fan so it doesn't blow on the eggs.

I built a homemade incubator. temperature stability is great in my test runs but having a horrible time with no humidity. any suggestions? I'm actually considering a humidifier on a hydrostatic but hoping to keep it a little simpler

also I am contemplating building a hatcher. had bad experiences with a little giant Styrofoam kit but sounds like it might work for just hatching?

I built a homemade incubator. temperature stability is great in my test runs but having a horrible time with no humidity. any suggestions? I'm actually considering a humidifier on a hydrostatic but hoping to keep it a little simpler
Humidity level in an incubator is relative to the surface area of the water. The more surface area, the higher the humidity. Depth of the water only affects how often you have to fill it.
If the container is too large then cover part of it with foil to decrease the exposed surface area.

Because of that we invested in a separate hatcher. Sportsman (GQF) also makes just a hatcher and you can hatch on multiple levels. Made a huge difference! For the amount of eggs we need to hatch is was worth the investment!

Back
Top Bottom