Hatching Lav Banty ameraucanas

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ban seabhag, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    I am at a a loss... This is my third batch of 6-8 lav ameracauna banties, and I have gotten 4 of 21 to hatch... The last group of eight were going strong at day 16 and 6 got to lockdown.. all the other eggs in with them hatched.. none of these made it.. I have tried the dry hatch method (25% success) and the wet... 0% success... By appearance, dry hatch suited them better but still abysmal results..somethings going on here I don't quite get.. My other breeds do fine, these are a trial... there is 1 roo to 2 hens so the ratio for fertility is good, and as I said each time 90% are alive at 15-16 days... I expect something is going wrong near to or during lockdown and that they may have requirements somewhat different than my other breeds..Do they require a slightly shorter gestation? Any ideas?

2. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    Anybody? Really would like some feedback here... I am a little bummed about this... [​IMG]

3. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    (((HUGS))) wish I had answers for you. I hope someone replies because I'm getting ready to put a batch of wheaton ameraucana bantys in for my first hatch. I see a lot of conflicting information. Some people will say bantys pip on day 18, other say, keep the lockdown the same as large fowl eggs.

I'm still trying to find out if the lockdown humidity should be different for bantys, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by