Hatching log of a broody satin

Pics
Yay! I was a little disappointed when I asked on here whether a tame hen will let me tame her chicks and a poster said they probably won’t.

But guess what, she does! And doesn’t seem to mind at all.

I’m waiting for the last one to hatch so I can play with them all!!!

:wee
I woke up to a wet freshly hatched chick. Looks like a little baby easter egger. That makes 3 babies so far. 3 more LF eggs to go.
My broody is the sweetest most tame chicken in my flock, but NOT when broody. She’s fierce at protecting the eggs and her babies, last time until they were 6 weeks old, they were cramming in the nest with her at night still 🤣
Thats how my first clutch is. They are 4 weeks old and roosting with the main flock.

It's a little chilly and it's under her fluffing so hopefully later this afternoon. Here are a couple of the others.

Attachments

• 20210614_073827.jpg
    20210614_073827.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210613_150516.jpg
    20210613_150516.jpg
    711.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210613_182335.jpg
    20210613_182335.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 1
It's a little chilly and it's under her fluffing so hopefully later this afternoon. Here are a couple of the others.
Chilly in Texas :eek:

arrrrhhh they are soooo cute! i love chipmunks. My orloffs were definitely my favorite chicks. It was so much fun watching them feather out and go through different colors and patterns <3

do you know their coloring yet?

Chilly in Texas :eek:

arrrrhhh they are soooo cute! i love chipmunks. My orloffs were definitely my favorite chicks. It was so much fun watching them feather out and go through different colors and patterns <3

do you know their coloring yet?
Haha. It was a chilly 70°. I have no clue their coloring. The lady had all different colored of silkies, cochin frizzle types. And lots of large fowl. She probably had 50 chickens. All different breeds.

36CE48FF-D583-47C4-9CE1-252B3DFC5806.jpeg
Day 22

Sooooo...

Since the hatching is over and all...

I want to thank everyone who joined me in my first hatching adventure!

I’m really grateful for all the support as I honestly expected to be talking to myself this whole time 😂

Paint turned out to be a great broody, and it seems like she will be a great mother too. It’s been such a fun ride that I’m already looking forward to her next hatch!

Haha. It was a chilly 70°. I have no clue their coloring. The lady had all different colored of silkies, cochin frizzle types. And lots of large fowl. She probably had 50 chickens. All different breeds.
Oooh, a surprise mix.... I hope you get a frizzle, they’re such a hoot 😁

70s is nice weather! It’s 60s here right now, but not cold enough to curb the curiosity of the chickies, lol.

Back
Top Bottom