hatching mishap, need advice

arabookworm

Songster
11 Years
Oct 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
my genius of a sister decided that the turner that was sitting on the table next to the bator absolutely could not sit there for another 2 days while the eggs hatched. so of course she moved it, bumping the bator in the process and rolling all the eggs around so that the pips are at the bottom.

is there still hope?

Usually when the eggs hatch, while the chickies are in there drying, they run around and bump all the eggs anyway. It should be fine!!
big_smile.png

Only complication is if your humidity is too high they can drown easier when pipping on the bottom. Usually happens before they break the shell though while their beak is still inside. If the humidity is right they should pip up or down without problems.

You could just put them all in a egg carton, point down, air chamber up. This is what a lot of people do anyhow. Just be sure your egg carton has holes in the bottom for air flow. A slit across the bottom will work. I plan on using this the next time I hatch out.

The peeps will just crawl over the other eggs. The only problem I can think of is that if they cord is not yet ready to be severed, the chick can not drag the point part of the shell around with them. This does sometimes happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
IM NOT TOO GOOD WITH INCUBATERS BUT I THINK THEY SHOULD BE FINE SINCE THEY NEED TO BE TURNED ANYWAY.
big_smile.png
OF COURSE IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAD A GOOD TURN.

I THINK THERE IS DEFINETLY STILL HOPE:D

Back
Top Bottom