Hatching Muscovy X Khaki crosses, need help!

YES, understand that external peeping, is there Safe Hole, they can breath just fine, LOL SOUNDS LIKE THE COMPETITION IS ON.......
Yay! And I just saw a couple more! So we are up to 7/12 externally pipped!
How long should I give the non-pippers before I try to candle them? On the occasions that I have opened the incubator, the humidity and temp go back to where it's supposed to be within a couple minutes so I don't know how much that would affect the pippers.
I'm sorry about all the questions! Who knew this would be so nerve wracking?!?

How long should I give the non-pippers before I try to candle them? On the occasions that I have opened the incubator, the humidity and temp go back to where it's supposed to be within a couple minutes so I don't know how much that would affect the pippers.

Believe me sweets, we understand! I was an associate producer in the tech industry for a decade and NOTHING I endured in the rat race is as agonizingly stressful as hatching baby ducks!

I guess I wrote that wrong, the shell is cracked, the little spoke-wheel bump, but on some it's just hairline cracks and slightly raised. Doesn't look like air could easily flow through them...

NOPE that's perfect, the bump that your seeing is them breaking threw there membrane, breaking threw the second membrane that's attached or close to the shell and pushing that shell off of them. YOU ARE GOOD, they are good. Everything is going as plan, sooon you will see BABIES.. WOOOO HOOOO

Yay for babies!
wee.gif
Pleeeease take pics when they're out!

Right now there is NOTHING for you to do, NO candling, we wait until those buggers come out, and they will like wild flowers, well maybe a tab bit slower. LOL they will compete with each other who can get out the fastest, Once one gets out it's almost like they kick it into overdrive. BOOM BOOM, then another one then another. BOOM BOOM. I think they get jealous in that shell and hear the first one bouncing around and think OK, IM OUT OF HERE.

Right now there is NOTHING for you to do, NO candling, we wait until those buggers come out, and they will like wild flowers, well maybe a tab bit slower. LOL they will compete with each other who can get out the fastest, Once one gets out it's almost like they kick it into overdrive. BOOM BOOM, then another one then another. BOOM BOOM. I think they get jealous in that shell and hear the first one bouncing around and think OK, IM OUT OF HERE.

It's so cute when the first one out starts to help the others hatch :p

Thank you all so much! I can't wait! I will post pictures as soon as they stop torturing me and decide to come out!

And just an odd observation: they all pipped in almost the same exact spot. All slightly off center, to the right. I forgot to mention, I have a degree in biology so these things intrigue me. Also another explanation for all the questions, very analytically minded!

Maybe this will help, they ARENT torturing you they are in there putting in there make up, picking out the right outfit, making sure there hair oops fur is combed. They want to look exspecaily good for you so they can show there true colors once they hit that water and take there first swimming lesson, hahahaha

Thank you all so much! I can't wait! I will post pictures as soon as they stop torturing me and decide to come out!

And just an odd observation: they all pipped in almost the same exact spot. All slightly off center, to the right. I forgot to mention, I have a degree in biology so these things intrigue me. Also another explanation for all the questions, very analytically minded!

'Eyyyy, you and me both, hehe! Although mine's in marine biology and not, you know, BIOLOGY-biology. But still. Biochem is the worst, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom