Hatching Muscovy X Khaki crosses, need help!

It's been about two hours, I did crack it a bit because it was at 99 but its at 89 now and going back up...
Ok turn the bator off and pull all the shells out. Try to do it very quickly so that the temp doesn't go down to much and then turn everything back on. The moisture in the opened shells could be another issue.

Ok turn the bator off and pull all the shells out. Try to do it very quickly so that the temp doesn't go down to much and then turn everything back on. The moisture in the opened shells could be another issue.
ok, got the shells out. Humidity is at 50 now so hopefully it doesn't jump back up. There's 5 out, the other 7 seem to have slowed down...

There's 7 out now! How long do they usually take to fluff? They all still look pretty damp and one hatched about 6 hours ago...
With humidity high like that they can take many hours. Humidity in mine is about 85-90% right now with only 5 of 13 out.

-Kathy

With humidity high like that they can take many hours. Humidity in mine is about 85-90% right now with only 5 of 13 out. 

-Kathy
Ok, I'm just hoping they fluff out before bedtime. I don't want to leave them in there too long...
They are so darn cute! They all have a little something that is different from each other. And they are in there just climbing all over themselves and biting each other...

Back
Top Bottom