Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

Quote:
This coming Sunday should be 21 days. Right?

With my last broody, the chicks came almost a full day sooner than I'd expected, so I'm thinking I could see chicks on Saturday here. Maybe even late Friday.

@yadaguhtoo- At this point, you can see a large dark mass that takes up about 2/3 of the egg. The air sac takes up most of the other 1/3 and you can sometimes see some movement where the chick meets the air sac. At least that's all I can see in these very dark eggs. I hope yours are alright!
fl.gif

Last edited:
I locked down yesterday and see wiggling in 1 egg today, go chicky!
pop.gif

Correction 2 pips and 1 wiggler!
ya.gif
pop.gif

Last edited:
I'm on day 19 now. I haven't candled them for 5 days as they all were so lively. I'm just letting them do their thing.
I keep looking through my lil window all the time. Must occupy myself. Lol

I have 3 pips since yesterday, the last pip was before 7pm yesterday. How long between pip and zip? I am starting to get nervous they have not progressed any and it has been 12 hours. I did see some wiggling last night but not yet today.

I'm not entirely sure, since I use a broody, but it seems like it was a couple of hours. Last hatch, I had one egg that pipped and I left overnight and most of the next day. The chick didn't make it. I've read on here that they can take longer though.

I hope your babies are okay!
fl.gif

Quote:
You will get diffrent answers for this. My last hatch I had a couple do this so I quickly reached in and help break some shell and they did fine. If I get a couple in this batch that are not out after 10 - 12hrs I will help again. This is just how I do it I am sure you will get other opinions.
Chad

I finally have 2 out, one more pip not progressing even with 2 babies crawling all over it, and 1 with no pip at all. I will give the last pipped one a little longer then I may try to break a little shell back. I did have to do that with all of my call ducks when I hatched them.

jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom