Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

Wait? Booties? I'm supposed to have booties? Please - booties?

Sparkles just got named by her Aunt Jenny via webcam as she made the final lurch out of the egg, and she's now snuggling with Teddy, waiting for more sisters to arrive.

Too cute for words! She's so glad to have a fuzzy "mommy" in there. How sweet.

My poor chicks' mama doesn't seem to like wet feathers. She pecks at them trying to fluff them up until they are dry.

I just checked and there is a small sliver of a crack in the egg I know for sure was good the last I looked. And I heard a peep!
smile.png

Quote:
I know, it's so hard not to "help". I've wasted hours on the computer today just so I'm not tempted to touch.

Most of mine don't hatch until about 48hrs or a little longer once they pip. I've never had one that pipped not make it.

I have ... Sparkles all hatched out, one zipping right now, and two more pipped. And lotsa videos uploading to youtube, as if anyone in the world will be fascinated by 45 minutes of zipping and hatching! (aside from me, anyway!)

That makes me feel better. I actually got worried with this chick and opened the hole better and you can tell the chick is not quite ready to come out the egg. So he/she/it will probably chill for a few more hours before it emerges completely. I made the mistake of pulling a dove chick out an egg before when I had doves and if you do this when they aren't ready they bleed like crazy.
sad.png
Sometimes you learn the hard way. This little chick looks like it will be hardy! It's a screechy little baby! You wouldn't know it's still IN an egg.

Back
Top Bottom