Hatching peafowl alone using broody hen?

kangapoohbear

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2019
I see here there are lots of you who hatch out peafowl using a Broody hen. My question is should I hatch out a chick along with my one peafowl egg? My concern is that the peafowl will be lonely both as a baby and as it grows up, as a chicken wood. But since it's not a chicken, would it be confusing for both the mama and the checks to put both ? had chickens for about 5 years but never tried anything like this before.

I see here there are lots of you who hatch out peafowl using a Broody hen. My question is should I hatch out a chick along with my one peafowl egg? My concern is that the peafowl will be lonely both as a baby and as it grows up, as a chicken wood. But since it's not a chicken, would it be confusing for both the mama and the checks to put both ? had chickens for about 5 years but never tried anything like this before.
Are you just hatching one peachick? I don't think raising it with chicken chicks is a good idea. I would do 4 peafowl eggs so no one is lonely.

I always put chicken chicks in with my peachicks, the chicken chicks keep the peachicks motivated to eat and drink.

I always put chicken chicks in with my peachicks, the chicken chicks keep the peachicks motivated to eat and drink.
I only have one peafowl egg. Will it be ok in a family of only chickens?

I grew up in South Florida with peacocks living in our neighborhood. I don't live there anymore but was visiting recently and a peacock laid an egg in my mother's flower bed. I decided to bring it home and try to hatch It Out Underneath our little Broody hen. Just want to make sure it's a good idea for everyone involved, thus the questions here.

I grew up in South Florida with peacocks living in our neighborhood. I don't live there anymore but was visiting recently and a peacock laid an egg in my mother's flower bed. I decided to bring it home and try to hatch It Out Underneath our little Broody hen. Just want to make sure it's a good idea for everyone involved, thus the questions here.
Ok, that makes sense. I hope your little peachick hatches!

Back
Top Bottom