Hatching Q on mailed eggs - Ayam Cemani

do you brood with a 100 watt light?

Unfortunately right now I have the regular red heat lamp (covered it for a sec to snap the picture) I want to get the brisnia brooder but that may have to wait as I need a few hundred for a new incubator first. No more issues with distressed chicks in this one that I can't see. Currently have a hova bator as I just started hatching my own chicks this past year, didn't want to spend to much of I didn't like doing it. But I love it so now is the time to go from "it works " equipment to thebest I can afford.

Unfortunately right now I have the regular red heat lamp (covered it for a sec to snap the picture) I want to get the brisnia brooder but that may have to wait as I need a few hundred for a new incubator first. No more issues with distressed chicks in this one that I can't see. Currently have a hova bator as I just started hatching my own chicks this past year, didn't want to spend to much of I didn't like doing it. But I love it so now is the time to go from "it works " equipment to thebest I can afford.
I'm going way off topic now....lol...just noticead your profile says you are from Ransomville, NY (I'm way upstate) where is ransomville, never heard of it.

I'm going way off topic now....lol...just noticead your profile says you are from Ransomville, NY (I'm way upstate) where is ransomville, never heard of it.

Not many people have, its a one stop light little farm town. I grew up one town over in Lewiston, NY but that's more hoity toity, no farm land available. We are about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls,NY and 40 min from Buffalo, NY.

Not many people have, its a one stop light little farm town. I grew up one town over in Lewiston, NY but that's more hoity toity, no farm land available. We are about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls,NY and 40 min from Buffalo, NY.
Ok, ya I'm from a little town too, but we have like 4 stop lights...lol. we're about 45 minutes from Ogdensburg and the Canadian border.

All 3 are together and doing good (enjoying running through the food dish!) & the little one is getting stronger. He's a noisy little one too. Unfortunately the belly of the last one is all white
sad.png
hoping it will go away when the feathers come in but maybe not his mouth is also grey not black, but he/ she is alive so it's a win!

They are beautiful!!!

I used the hova bator too. I think next time I am driving for my eggs though! Then we will see if it was my hatching skill.

I used the hova bator too. I think next time I am driving for my eggs though! Then we will see if it was my hatching skill.  

I have always driven for my eggs (even 5 hrs away) it's so worth it, don't think I will.be doing shipped eggs again unless I'm in a jam, this has been the most stressful 3 weeks+. I even had these overnight instead of the usual 2-3 days. Looking into green fire farms juvenile birds that my mother will pick up on her way back from Florida this spring & drive to me.

I talked to mine the whole time too! My daughter was busting on me....I informed her talked to her too! LOL
Beautiful bird...mine is a bantam and looks like it's about 1/2 the size... I think I would def make the drive for the eggs too!

Back
Top Bottom