hatching quail..I've got pips..and quail!!..and WTHECK is that?

Quote:
sure you can but do what you feel is right for you but that's exactly what I do for coturnix
smile.png

as for bobwhites they incubate 23 days and if that was me i'd stop turning them on day 20 (but AGAIN that's JUST ME) LOL .

Sorry, day 20 on the Bob Whites, gotcha!!
wink.png

Yeah, we have 2 quail out now and a lot of pips!! This is day 18, guess I have slow goers!!

One question, do their feet straighten up after being out of the egg for a while? I can imagine they were crammed in that little egg!!

Quote:
that is so cool (about your daughter)! I would have LOVED to have gone there!!!!

Also, yes it's possible!
smile.png
It's a recessive gene. Just means mama and roo both carry the A & M gene and it met up perfectly and the egg developed and wala!!! YOu may only get ONE every few hatching batches since it's recessive and depends on where the gene lands
smile.png

ETA: if you keep this A & M and keep any other A & Ms that hatch and breed them together they will produce only A & Ms
smile.png
You can also keep this bird in your brown flock and you will get MOSTLY browns from this bird.
smile.png
However if the A & M is bred to a brown taht carries A & M you will get a few more A & MS
smile.png

Last edited:
The only coturnix eperience i have was 18 eggs we bought at my first auction and were all duds but have hatched some bobs and ordered day olds once be very careful if you have very many when i order they had a min of 100 so i divied them into 2 2'x3' boxes and some how managed to kill all in 3 days they went from piling in the middle to the corners with only 2-3inches ajustment on my lamp. the biggest loss i've ever had $150 order with shipping

Back
Top Bottom