Hatching Questions???

FluffyColor

Crowing
12 Years
May 31, 2009
Queens, NY
Hello, I have eggs in the incy hatching June 16th. I was just wondering, because the temp and the humidity aren't stable. The temp goes cool (like 97-99), then goes to 100, then goes to 102, and back again!! I have been messing with the knob WAY too much, should I just leave it and then it won't change so much??

Also, I add humidity every other day, I added a whole big cup 2 days ago, and it was empty today!! am I doing something wrong?? I've been considering adding sponges/towels or a cup in the incubator. I'm worried about the cup spilling and getting on the eggs!!! Should I add sponges instead?

And help would be greatly appericiated
smile.png

It does sound like you're messing with the knob way too much!!! Don't worry, we've all done it! Some of the problem may be because of the outside temp fluctuations during the day too. If my temp is running on the low side, I will just BARELY nudge the knob, not even turn it. Because, as you discovered, a little goes a long way!!! As far as your humidity goes, if you live in a dry climate and/or are using a fan in your bator, you'll have to check your water levels everyday. I will only add sponges at lockdown and then use fish tubing placed through the vent holes to fill water wells and wet sponges. I wish you the best of luck! So exciting, isn't it?!

Do you havea hygrometer? If so if the humidity is staying from 35% - 45 % without water you are okay,
with the knob I wouldnt touch it anymore wait 2 hours - 3 hours and see if it stabilizes if it about 98F try putting a towel around to see if that works
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom