Hatching Roadside Stand Eggs UPDATED ***PICS ON PAGE 2****

How cute !! I love them all, but sleepyhead is really cute. Their fuzzy is different than I have seen, almost looks like sheep wool.
lol.png

Cute! I can't tell--do they have beards? They sorta look like faverolles. Some of mine had little dark smudges on their backs, too, like soot.

They have five toes, feathered legs, and come from light brown eggs.

love.gif

Wow.... I just did a search for faverolles and they do look just like them.. I'm not sure on the bearded part yet... They're still not fully fluffed but they are sooo cute. Faverolles, Do they lay a large egg? I was thinking Silkie's but the eggs looked too big for a Silkie...

I should add: they have single combs and pink/white legs. It looks like the legs are the right color, too, but I can't see the combs.

They are very pretty.
smile.png

Sorry--we cross posted!
smile.png

Yes, the eggs are large, but not extra large. They lay extremely well. Mine didn't start laying until about seven months (rather than six), but they lay almost every day. They're very friendly, usually shy of the other birds. They tend to be low on the pecking order.
sad.png
I think that's why their humans spoil them so much, hahaha.

The roosters are beautiful, and the hens are, too. If they are Faverolles, you'll be able to tell relatively soon which are boys and girls because the feathering is so different. Usually by four weeks, sometimes less.

As soon as I saw the pics my thought immediately was faverolles. I just hatched some myself and they look exactly the same. That would explain the feathered legs and fifth toe. Silkies would have black skin. What's nice about faverolles is you can usually tell early on what the genders are by the feathering coming in. Very cute babies!

Should they already have combs? Let me check on the feet.. They look yellow pink??? I'm not sure.. But thanks for all the help, I'll have to give them a week and post more pictures when they're all fluffy... This was fun... No roadside egg stand is safe anymore!!! I'll end up buying them out just to hatch..
lau.gif

Quote:
Oh, they are so adorable!!!
2 of mine have feathered feet--- she does have brahmans, so they might have some of that in them. One of the feathered footed ones has green feet- so that's sure to be quite a combination!

I am intrigued and worried since I sell roadside eggs and they are very fertile!
So how long should I refrigerate them to make sure none of my buyers are hatching the eggs for eating and not buying the higher priced hatching eggs???

Back
Top Bottom