Hatching shipped eggs 2/3... Anyone else Hatch-Along?

1 EE, 3 BCM, SEVERAL PIPS....AND ONE UPSIDE DOWN ONE....
THE ONE WORKING ON THE WRONG END HAS MADE NO PROGRESS, WHEN SHOULD I THINK ABOUT HELPING?

1 EE, 3 BCM, SEVERAL PIPS....AND ONE UPSIDE DOWN ONE....
THE ONE WORKING ON THE WRONG END HAS MADE NO PROGRESS, WHEN SHOULD I THINK ABOUT HELPING?
It is resting probably. If it has started and can breath, it is fine. Rarely a chick will start zipping and than just stop and die.If it dies..something was wrong with it. Better it happen now. But it is your decision. Opening up the incubator at this critical moment risks the others..you have to weigh the risk yourself.

The smart me knows that I risk them all opening now, the emotional me says, but its a penedesenca.... :(

Ok, so far, 9 BCMs, 2 welsummer's, (it turns out the upside down one was a welsummer, he/she picked about 3/4 of the way and stopped, ) I finally snuck my hand in and got it out. I helped it the rest of the way, there was no way it could have finished, his head was smashed in there good.
After they were all good and dry, and it appeared the remaining nine were duds, I took them ail out and moved them to the brooder. Of course I was leaving the nine in, after all, yesterday was just day 21.
This morning, all were doing good, nothing new in the bator... A couple hours later, I looked in again, and lo and behold, a pip on one of the penedesenca's, woohoo.
Well, to make a long story short, I have a pretty little wheaten penedesenca chick. Nothing else happening, but I'm leaving it in the bator for a while.
I'm so excited!!! :D

The little white one is the Penny, the penedesenca, chip and dale ( the chipmunkey ones), are the welsummers, there is one EE in there and the rest are BCMs

clap.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom