Hatching small duck eggs...

Honestly and I don't use an incubator just my females for hatching but I wouldn't think Listerine would be beneficial for hatching eggs. That is some strong stuff.
the video i watched says he uses the original listerine the brownish one, but he waters it down. so its half listerine half water solution. And he was spraying on the eggs, end of video he had i want to say a 100% hatch rate? I will try and find the video and share link here.

I just don’t like the idea of putting a poopy egg in my incubator.

I haven’t done duck eggs but I have incubated chicken and quail. I found the quail eggs much easier to incubate so that may be a factor in this guy’s hatch rates.

if you become npip you have to dip your eggs when you incubate but i believe it is a 10% bleach solution @duluthralphie can you tell me the dip procedures please

I use 120 degree water. I let the faucet run. I have 2- 5 quart ice cream buckets, I put one gallon of water in each with 1 ounce of bleach. I rinse-----rub-----dunk-----rub and check for poop----dunk in other "clean" bleach( if it was clean)----rinse...

I just realized this was a DUX egg post...Let me change the directions... Use 220 degree water on DUX eggs... and instead of rubbing them stomp on them....That should do it!:gig:gig:gig:gig:gig:gig:gig

lol thank you all for the advice. I will have to crack an egg open and see if i see a bulls-eye. Will be my first time looking for one, if i happen to see one I will try and hatch out the others

lol thank you all for the advice. I will have to crack an egg open and see if i see a bulls-eye. Will be my first time looking for one, if i happen to see one I will try and hatch out the others

Don't crack the egg open unless you want to join me in my never ending battle to remove dux from the face of the earth..

There is no way to judge all the eggs by one egg, and you might just kill the one egg that is fertile. Throw them in the incubator and candle them if it makes a difference on whether they are good or bad...

I only candle eggs once, the day I take them out of the incubator and move them to the hatcher..

I NEVER CANDLE DUX EGGS!!! I just feed them to the raccoons.

I use 120 degree water. I let the faucet run. I have 2- 5 quart ice cream buckets, I put one gallon of water in each with 1 ounce of bleach. I rinse-----rub-----dunk-----rub and check for poop----dunk in other "clean" bleach( if it was clean)----rinse...

I just realized this was a DUX egg post...Let me change the directions... Use 220 degree water on DUX eggs... and instead of rubbing them stomp on them....That should do it!:gig:gig:gig:gig:gig:gig:gig
I just about spit my water out when I read this. Memo never read one of Ralphies post with liquid in your mouth.

Back
Top Bottom