Hatching today

Leslie W

In the Brooder
May 14, 2020
I have some Easter eggers today is day 21. Yesterday one started to zip and is finally out but is just laying on its back kicking and chirping. It really doesn’t even look like it’s drying yet. It’s been a couple of hours. No one else has even begun pipping. Help or advice

I don't know anything much about incubating- I did it a time or two but things just went normal.... maybe someone will come by and give you some good advice. :jumpy

Did you candle them before lockdown? Was there movement?
Have you candled them recently?
Any external pips?

I’d give them a couple more days.

Did you candle them before lockdown? Was there movement?
Have you candled them recently?
Any external pips?

I’d give them a couple more days.
I did candle and I’m worried about the ones that aren’t hatching but not as much as I’m worried about the one that did hatch. It’s peeping and wiggling and kicking it’s legs but not standing or pushing it self up

Attachments

• F7B50815-19B3-44D6-8260-3128F69D51A0.jpeg
    F7B50815-19B3-44D6-8260-3128F69D51A0.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 7
Any more hatch? How is the little one?

we just hatched our first batch of eggs from our flock. We had 2 with mobility issues, but they were able to get up and move around. Did your first hatching one ever get up?

Any more hatch? How is the little one?

we just hatched our first batch of eggs from our flock. We had 2 with mobility issues, but they were able to get up and move around. Did your first hatching one ever get up?
No it’s still chirping and moving around but not standing and it still doesNot look like a Fluffy chick. I don’t know what todo

Can it bend its legs? In the pic they are outstretched. Often a newly hatched chick will pull its legs up to the belly like this:

A015191B-4E62-453D-908C-A3522207CF20.jpeg

What kind of incubator are u using. My Styrofoam one often, dries them and they don't fluff. They fluff once under the heat light.

If its still not standing put it in something to brace it but allow it to put pressure on its feet. I have had to help them get on their feet before..

It often takes a while for them to get their footing

What kind of incubator are u using. My Styrofoam one often, dries them and they don't fluff. They fluff once under the heat light.

If its still not standing put it in something to brace it but allow it to put pressure on its feet. I have had to help them get on their feet before..

It often takes a while for them to get their footing
It’s styrofoam. I put it in a tea cup with some Kleenex around it. Such a bummer

Back
Top Bottom