Hatching Valentines Weekend!

RHewittJr

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 7, 2009
Start some eggs now and they will hatch Valentines weekend. I put 32 eggs in the bator today. 16 Blue & Black Rocks from Halo, 8 White & 8 Buff Orpington's from Fowl Visions. My weekend will be great! Anyone else hatching?

Last edited:
Hi! What's the date for the Stupor Bowl this year --- Valentines Day?
smile.png

Lisa

I am stupid...it's the 7th. Well at least I will have something to do the next weekend. Lisa I guess I need you to keep me straight.

This is my home email hince the name RHewittJr.

Reuben

Hi Reuben! I was already ranting to Tom that 'planners' were sooo inconsiderate as to schedule a big ballgame for ValentinesDay (he couldn't say for sure when the game is either, haha).
Now you can concentrate on feetball that weekend. Or at half-time, you could darken the room, candle the eggs and and show off the embryos dancing.

Lucky you, Kathy's eggs did GREAT for me! (you saw some blue barred Rock boys from her when you were here, I just couldn't catch them).
I haven't tried Orpingtons, but I'm sure you'll have good luck with them, too.
My setting day used to be Sat, but this month has been Thurs. --- just set Delawares, Am's, and Silkies the 21st.
Good luck!
Lisa

I'm right there with ya, Reuben. I set some a couple hours ago ... so tomorrow will be day one for me, hatch due Feb 13. I have to work on Valentine's Day, so hope to have them here the day before.
big_smile.png
I set 30 BBS Orps from jmhappycowboy. Some of his stock originates from BamaChicken and Miss Prissy.

Yesterday I set 26 Buckeyes from JamesA, so I am hoping for a busy hatching weekend in 3 weeks! Guess I had better stock up on the TV dinners!
wink.png

Allright! We will all have a great weekend for sure. Lisa let me know how your Delawares turn out. May want to get a few of those one day too.

Back
Top Bottom