Hatching!Yay!!!

crp126

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 19, 2014
I didn't even post that I filled an incubator because I was so worried I wouldn't get a good hatch. But I am so happy to report I have two chicks out and 9 eggs pipped. After taking out the undeveloped eggs I had 30 eggs left with a few being questionable. I never got more than two chicks before so this is awesome to see so many hatching. Maybe I finally got it figured out better how to do this. Hoping for more pippers as the day goes.... This site is the best for information!

Glad things are going well for you. I'm currently at 17 of 25 and 3 pips. I'm hoping for 100 percent but I do have 3 questionable in there.

I didn't even post that I filled an incubator because I was so worried I wouldn't get a good hatch. But I am so happy to report I have two chicks out and 9 eggs pipped. After taking out the undeveloped eggs I had 30 eggs left with a few being questionable. I never got more than two chicks before so this is awesome to see so many hatching. Maybe I finally got it figured out better how to do this. Hoping for more pippers as the day goes.... This site is the best for information!
What did you do different this time that may have helped your hatch?

Well I quit following the instructions on the incubator, chicken eggs do not take 28 days as the incubator sheet says. So we were putting duck and chicken eggs together and obviously this was wrong. Again I am glad for this forum to set me right. As of this morning I have half of the eggs hatched and pipped and they still have until tomorrow for the slow ones. I am soooo happy. Congrats on your hatch, hoping those other 5 hatch!

Well I quit following the instructions on the incubator, chicken eggs do not take 28 days as the incubator sheet says. So we were putting duck and chicken eggs together and obviously this was wrong. Again I am glad for this forum to set me right. As of this morning I have half of the eggs hatched and pipped and they still have until tomorrow for the slow ones. I am soooo happy. Congrats on your hatch, hoping those other 5 hatch!
I hate those manuals! They screw so many people up.

I got 19 chicks out of 27 good eggs. Couldn't be happier!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom