Hatching

fireside4

Hatching
Mar 30, 2016
Hello it is day 22 1 egg is chirping and made a small pip. At around 4am central time this morning how long will it take?

Welcome to the forum! :frow

You should see your baby hatch real soon! Some are quicker than others. It could even take 24 hours before he hatches completely.
Remember, the hatching process is very tiring for them. It shouldn't be rushed, as the baby is likely finishing absorbing its yolk sac right now. This contains vital nutrients that the chick will greatly benefit from.

Read a book. Run some errands. Clean the house.

The main thing is patience! :)

Good luck!

I was just getting worried because there is no hole yet cracked egg and just thin white layer has been 12 hours plus

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

Hi and welcome to BYC. I have no experience hatching using an incubator so i cannot lend a hand on this matter, but I'm sure that @Sunny and the 5 egg layers has given you some great advice.

All the best
CT

The one egg hatched put the other 5 have no pip holes no activity and I canceled them and they are fertile any ideas or just wait

The one egg hatched put the other 5 have no pip holes no activity and I canceled them and they are fertile any ideas or just wait

What I'd suggest you do is post your question on the "Incubating and hatching eggs" forum - you are more likely to get responses that will help you out.

all the best
CT

I have never incubated eggs either but, I have heard when they go past 21 days, its generally because the temps were lower than optimum. So please give the others some time don't rush to throw them out.

How is the chick doing that did hatch?

ps please do not keep opening the incubator , to candle. Every time you open, it looses humidity. The chicks can end up "shrink wrapped,"- very difficult to hatch out then.

Back
Top Bottom