Hatching

Agapehomestead

Chirping
Jun 19, 2021
We have had a hugely successful first hatch. 11 have hatched and 4 have pipped and one nothing. Should I take the 11 out? I thought it needed to be on lock down, but it’s a little crowded!

Should I take the 11 out?
If you're going to do that.. I suggest covering the lid with towels or blankets and draping over your arms while you quickly grab em out to capture the heat and humidity and prevent "shrink wrapping" the remaining pipped eggs. (sometimes caused when rapid change in tempertare and humidity take place)

If the earlier hatchers aren't aproaching 72 hours since they hatched completely.. then there's no harm leaving them be.

Congrats on your first hatch and new chicks! :celebrate

We have had a hugely successful first hatch. 11 have hatched and 4 have pipped and one nothing. Should I take the 11 out? I thought it needed to be on lock down, but it’s a little crowded!
How exciting! I also have 23 in the incubator now. They are supposed to hatch tomorrow. I already saw 2 pips. I stagger some 2 days apart. So, I may have to do the same as what you are asking.

How exciting! I also have 23 in the incubator now. They are supposed to hatch tomorrow. I already saw 2 pips. I stagger some 2 days apart. So, I may have to do the same as what you are asking.
I kept them all in till they were done and they were fine. Every single one hatched. Lol.

I kept them all in till they were done and they were fine. Every single one hatched. Lol.
I have 4 that made it to the very last days, no pips no nothing, fully developed chicks inside. I knew they died when I made a hole on the eggs on day 22. I think they die around day 20. But it is ok. It is hard to know exactly when the best time to intervene is. I had 19 hatched out of 23 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom