hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ricks Chicks, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Ricks Chicks

Ricks Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

When an egg is layed how long before it hatches in an incubator?

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Sorry. What kind of egg? I have seen many that say chickens is 21 days, ducks and guineas-28 days, mascovie ducks-35 days.

3. saranbensmom

saranbensmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Serama chicken eggs 19 days, button quail 16 days........

4. Ricks Chicks

Ricks Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I am sorry. I have RIR:)

5. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:ALL chicken eggs have a 21 day incubation period.

So do bantams, although there are many reports of them sometimes arriving a little early.

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY

So do bantams, although there are many reports of them sometimes arriving a little early.

So far, I have hatched 16 bantam chicks in my bator, and everyone of them has been at least a day early. Most were 2-3 days early. The little guy that hatched this morning(Monday) wasn't supposed to hatch until Thursday!! [​IMG]

7. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa

So far, I have hatched 16 bantam chicks in my bator, and everyone of them has been at least a day early. Most were 2-3 days early. The little guy that hatched this morning(Monday) wasn't supposed to hatch until Thursday!! [​IMG]

For my own part, I suspect that the smaller Bantam eggs are a little more sensitive to temperature.

If they respond more to small over temps, that would explain their regularly hatching early.

If they hatch, and are fine, I guess it isn't much of an issue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by