Hatching

Shanaywe

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
Kansas
So my eggs are due today and I am so excited I laid them down in a different incubator I hope laying them down is okay. My teacher said it would be fine one has began to Pip! I am so excited! Is there anything else I should know? I take them out of the incubator 48 hours after hatching correct or is it only 24?

So my eggs are due today and I am so excited I laid them down in a different incubator I hope laying them down is okay. My teacher said it would be fine one has began to Pip! I am so excited! Is there anything else I should know? I take them out of the incubator 48 hours after hatching correct or is it only 24?
It is exciting for sure.. once they dry and fluff up you can take them out and put into the warm brooder. Just try not to open the bator since every time you open it the humidity drops and can cause ducklings to shrink wrap in egg.

What breed of duck?

I honestly have no idea what breed they are if I'd have to guess I would say Pekin? It is day 31 and i only have 2/7 that have slightly SLIGHTLY pipped. Im getting worried!

I honestly have no idea what breed they are if I'd have to guess I would say Pekin? It is day 31 and i only have 2/7 that have slightly SLIGHTLY pipped. Im getting worried!
When you put them into the bator you counted 24 hrs later as day 1? what is your humidity and temp? I'm going to try and find you some help since i have never had to hatch in an incubator my Muscovy's take care of that. I hope some experienced hatchers are on today,
fl.gif

Okay I have PM 2 of our experienced duck hatching ladies so hopefully one or both are on today. Do you hear peeping or see the eggs moving at all? most important thing is to not open bator unless absolutely necessary. I'll keep looking back to see if anyone has answered.

Last edited:
Awesome thank you so much! I did have humidity issues but it is now raised! I am thinking just give them more time they are nice and cozy in there! Two days ago (In the old incubator that didnt have humidity) we could hear one pecking at its shell! We moved them to our newer incubator adding lots of water and now i have two that are pipped

Awesome thank you so much! I did have humidity issues but it is now raised! I am thinking just give them more time they are nice and cozy in there! Two days ago (In the old incubator that didnt have humidity) we could hear one pecking at its shell! We moved them to our newer incubator adding lots of water and now i have two that are pipped
I am *not* suggesting that you "assist", but if you do, read *all* of this article very carefully:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

-Kathy

Thank you i will check out that now! Thanks to everyone for your awesome help!
Just to say, ducklings have their own time table and take alot longer to hatch than chickens do. so hopefully your little ones will keep on moving in the right direction and finish hatching out, keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom