HAVE 2 BABYS!! Pg 3

Thanks for the encouragement . I relly relly hope it all works out. I know she hase not left the nest cuz she cant get out with out me.
20382_jan-mae_09_105.jpg
But for some wierd reason the leghorns got in! She started on 9 eggs she ate 2 and then i put one in the trash today. It had water like stuff coming out!
sickbyc.gif
So she now has 6 eggs all have babys. All still alive. But they have not piped the aircell. Thanks so much! And if you have tips or suggestions PLZ PM ME!

Chicken Girl

Just leave them under her-- no taking out and candling-- just let them be-- any time you take them out they cool off. Give it a couple days-- she may not have truly started setting the day you think she did
smile.png

Sit on your hands, stay in the house and don't go back outside to look
smile.png

wee.gif
I can hear them in the shell! They have not piped yet. But i can hear it! I think its only one. But one is good for me!!! Thanks all for the help! I SHOULD have a baby chick in the mornen! YES!!!!
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

I AM SO HAPPY!!!

Chicken Girl

My first pip in my life! LOL None of the other eggs are cheeping or piping. So do i take the baby so the others hatch? And how long dose it take for them to hatch?! Thanks!!

Chicken Girl

say this to yourself:

I WILL not touch the eggs.

Day 26 open up the caged area agian (if you can) and let the hen be. She will take care of the babies ( protection, feed, etc.)

plus then you can see how many are alive and remove the unhatched eggs (if there are any
fl.gif
that there aren't)
fl.gif
for a 100% hatch.

Leave them alone! I know it's hard, but that's the best thing you can do for the babies and mom.

Don't touch them yet. Remember, chickens have been doing this for centuries without help from humans. Let nature take it's course.

If you were hatching in an incubator, everyone would tell you, "don't open that bator!", same thing goes for you, don't open that chicken coop!
old.gif

Read a book, go for a walk, watch a movie, run some errands, distract yourself.

Hang in there, you can do it!!!
hugs.gif

I need help, I have an incubator full of eggs, but they will crack on the sides but not all the way out. What am I doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom