have a year and a half old cream legbar that isn't laying

Jul 1, 2021
HI, we've had our cream legbar who is supposedly around 1.5 years- she is not laying any eggs. The woman we got her from almost 5 months ago said she was laying. We thought maybe it was the stress of moving but everyone else is laing and she never seemed stressed - shes very comfortable here and in fact is at the top of the half if not the top of the pecking order. Is there a chance she'll still lay or is it most likely something is wrong and can't?

Wonder how honest the former owner was... do you happen to know her personally? Possibly she passed off a dud on you? Or maybe a bird that's older than she claimed?

Might have to wait until spring rolls around to see if she's really not going to lay, or is just on a very long hiatus.

I have two cream leg hens and an ISA brown hen. My ISA Brown lays everyday in summer. ISA’s can lay over 300 eggs a year. The cream leg bar is rated at a mere 180 eggs a year. That means only half the year . One CLB hen lays most days, the other only when she feels like it. They are only a year and a half old! Anyway in comparison to hybrid layers, CLB are real slackers. At best they only lay every second day on a yearly basis. My slacker is lowest on the pecking order and I think it definitely shows. Anyway could be your hen is just not feeling productive right now for some reason!

Last edited:
I have two cream leg hens and an ISA brown hen. My ISA Brown lays everyday in summer. ISA’s can lay over 300 eggs a year. The cream leg bar is rated at a mere 180 eggs a year. That means only half the year . One CLB hen lays most days, the other only when she feels like it. They are only a year and a half old! Anyway in comparison to hybrid layers, CLB are real slackers. At best they only lay every second day on a yearly basis. My slacker is lowest on the pecking order and I think it definitely shows. Anyway could be your hen is just not feeling productive right now for some reason!
CLB are real slackers made me LOL.

Back
Top Bottom