Have Any Cities Changed Their Mind?

Yes, Eugene Oregon - I just posted an article about it. They went from 2 hens to unlimited as along as no complaints
big_smile.png

I am allowed 15 here in Salina, Ks, but was told that the city is thinking of changing the law to not allow chickens anymore. so I have been watching for that and will fight it, even if I was grandfathered in I think more people should have chickens.

I live in camillus ny and I recently got chickens in the beginning of may before doing so i checked everything out and from I could see i could depending on what size my property was ...at they were limitations on where they had to be kept etc..so anyways this was a law from 1990..I have found out that on may 10 2010 they now say you can only have dogs or cats and if you have any other type of animal they have to be housed in your principle building 24/7.... so im not quite sure what to do.. any suggestions...??? pls help thank you

The City of Mesa, Arizona was considering not allowing chickens on property smaller than one acre. If you search the archives you can find the entire saga, but the short version is that the word got out that the change had been proposed, and by the time the proposed code change went up for a vote, not only had they decided not to change the ordinance, but no one was really sure who had wanted to ban chickens to start with. In the words of the Mayor "The chicken lobby is strong in Mesa."

Tempe, AZ has moved in the direction of making the code less rigid, not more. While they have not raised the numbers of hens allowed in all single family residential, they have taken out the restrictions on the placement of coops, realizing that the noise and nuisance ordinances deal with any possible issues. When they updated the table of allowed uses, they actually have it listed that uo to 5 hens are allowed in multi-family residential
idunno.gif
however the text says "single-family residential." And rules of construction are "if it is not specifically allowed, it is not allowed." It would be interesting to see how it would play out if someone challenged it.

Fortunately I'n in the Ag district and dont have limits
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

My city has changed its mind. Two years ago there were no rules prohibiting chickens. Today I got a notice that I am in violation of some code apparently enacted AFTER i got chickens. I am not sure what to do.

Back
Top Bottom