Have any of you built runs or coops from all the "easy" plans I see?

cherprit

Songster
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Is there one you would recommend? Really, really easy?
cool.png

When we wrote "Building Chicken Coops For Dummies" I specifically required that we add a plan for a "minimalist" coop. One that didn't require a lot of materials, cuts, parts, and minimized waste and work. So, I'd suggest picking up a copy or going to the library and request it there and give that one a try.

I made mine out of pallets screwed together. I stacked 2 high on both sides all 4 same size and than tied them together front and back with 2 x 4's to make the coop and put a roof on it and doorsheeted the out side with ply wood just need to paint it and put the windows in for light and ventilatiion.......pics to come if you want. The whole thing took a day to build and was under a hundred dollars most of that was the cost of chicken wire and the ply wood...I had the tin for the roof and a few other things laying around..... If you can find several pallets the same size and in good shape it takes alot of the framing work out of it and they are alot cheaper than all the studs needed to frame it up......Hope this helps:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom