Have I lost my mind? I must be going Broody!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Nov 15, 2009.

1. I think I have cuz Husband is just about ready to STRANGLE me [​IMG]
    I been a 100% CLEAN FREAK all week long and I haven't been doing the cleaning much during the day, but do it until my back and body aches at NIGHT! 12:30am right now and I just got done scrubbing the floor of the kitchen, which I also did every day this week, BY HAND! I even cleaned the bathroom, which also been done every day this week. I also have dust and swept the livingroom, which I do maybe 4x a day! Hubby is BEGGING me to chill out and go to bed with him but I just CAN"T! Too many things running on my mind that need to be DONE! Kids room needs to be vaccumed but DS is asleep in there, my room needs to be straighten up but hubby and the girls are asleep in there. The dining room needs to be cleaned out COMPLETELY and then swept and moped then put the table and chairs back in so we can eat like a family again (NO TV!) but too dark to get the boxes out of there to put in the barn and the light is broken in there. Alot of laundry is still needed to be done but now it's too dark to do that ( I hang dry outside on the line, power current won't run a dryer).

Right now, hubby is just about ready to [​IMG] me. He might even chain me to the bed. I just can't stop cleaning! I can't do anything during the day, Im too [​IMG] during the day and too tired. My energy comes out as soon as the kids are in bed. [​IMG]

Mom said Im "NESTING"
    Hubby's Aunt said Im going "BROODY"

I want to go to bed but I just can't STOP! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    take advantage..night time is a really good time to clean..no kids fighting and messing things up.

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    LOL, not me, I'd say I was moulting, where you just sit around and eat and not do any good. Well, I will cop to cleaning and detailing my car yesterday, but that was an abberation.

4. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    Night cleaning I'm guilty of too! I worked outside of the house. I would limit my self to one or two jobs. then make myself go to bed. Good Luck. yeah I've hung wet clothes out in the dark. It saved time in the morning before leaving the house.[​IMG]

5. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG]
    OMG I'm moulting too. I moult at night. During the day I am a multi tasker, so when evening hits all energy drains. Where did I leave that chocolate cake...?

6. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Quote:[​IMG]
    OMG I'm moulting too. I moult at night. During the day I am a multi tasker, so when evening hits all energy drains. Where did I leave that chocolate cake...?

I second that. Evening comes and I'm just drained.

7. I only had 3 hours of sleep last night and I still am LOADED with energy (and now hungry, it's lunch time now [​IMG] ). I got my bedroom done, finished re-arranging the livingroom (LOOKS LOT BETTER! Doesn't look CROWDED anymore!) and I only have left is vaccuming the bedrooms and doing the diningroom (leaving that to Jason to do, I can't left the boxes in there!) and Laundry to finish. Im feeling pretty darn good (and SORE!). Now Im going to go get lunch, relax for a lil bit then give the baby a bath (SHE IS A MESS from helping me clean, Im not looking pretty either, YUCK DUST...DIRT!

8. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I have been on a cleaning spree too. I do most of of mine at night too. I agree............ no kids fighting and making messes at night. I only have 2 rooms to go and I am done with the deep cleaning. But, my washer broke and they are just now delivering my new set, so it's up all night washing clothes! [​IMG]

If your nesting...................... You will not stop for awhile [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Mccord..you can head up this way next... I've got plenty to keep you busy..

10. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    you're making me TIRED!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by