Have I lost my mind?

So I ordered my chicks and they are set for pick ups on April 1st and June 3rd. A total of 30-something birds. My daughter is having a baby in June. I will be taking care of the baby while she works and goes to school. I took in a 5 month old while her mother is incarcerated. She should be out this summer, but that doesn't mean she will be ready to take care of her baby. She will have to find a place to stay, and get all the necessary baby furniture, and get her finances together, and build a bond with her baby, all before she can take her back. I have five children of my own, a pregnant cat, and a huge family that makes their way to eat at my house a few times a week. My living room is being converted into a bedroom and I bought a bigger dining room table to make room for a high chair. We're painting the house and building a brooder. I should be overwhelmed. I'm actually having a wonderful time. So, have I lost my mind?

nope! I do that too, with things going on, sometimes I have fun with it. Good luck with that all, and God bless you!

Sounds hectic for sure, but wow! you are one amazing person, to want to take on all that!

It will so be worth it in the long run. Which I'm sure you know!
Thank-you for sharing your story!
Sort've makes my day look easier ;P Jk

No you have not lost your mind. You have a Wonderful heart!
love.gif
You are such a Blessing to many! GOD Bless you!! Very Inspiring !

What a wonderful life :) I'm a keep busy person too & it does make life seem more fulfilling sometimes. I do enjoy a little break though and try to get a couple peaceful hours at least once a month.

You are just joining the club.

I have too many birds and I'm adding a bunch more. My wife will KNOW I've gone bananas.

You are not crazy!!! You will be thankfull for the precious minutes of peace that come from watching chickens peck around. The only thing I would say is make sure you have two separate areas for the different aged chicks, they don't always integrate easily. You can make it work in one coop but it can be stressful for the chicks and you.

You sound completely nuts. But then sanity is somewhat boring.
smile.png
big_smile.png
lol.png
lau.gif
I do believe you are correct, and I hate boring! As for the different aged chicks, they are the starts of two different flocks. Well, three actually. We plan to keep the bantams separate from the standards and we are keeping some without a rooster to minimize risks with the kiddos helping. Just to update, the painting is at a standstill since the baby got sick. Horrible respiratory thing with lots of breathing treatments. The baby's mother has decided that she doesn't want her children to visit her. The mini greenhouse is full and almost everything is growing quickly and beautifully. There will be no shortage of tomatoes this year! Now, the baby is awake, the kids need run to school, and the laundry is piling up. Have a great Monday!

Unless you are rich, yes you are. Certifiably so, and so is anyone who tells you you're not.

ps. If you only wanted a pat on the back you should never have posted the question.

Sorry but I call them as I see them at my age,

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom