Have my chickens gone crazy???

I would be worried you have some kind of predators and they are going crazy trying to get away from it. It’s possible you are scaring it off when you go out to check on the crazy chicken. Chickens can go insane when they see a predator. We had a hawk do a test dive one day while I was sitting of the coop steps supervising free range time and I ended up with about half my flock in my lap or on my head or shoulder instead of in or under the coop. It look 2 weeks for the scratches on my face and neck to heal!

I would be worried you have some kind of predators and they are going crazy trying to get away from it. It’s possible you are scaring it off when you go out to check on the crazy chicken. Chickens can go insane when they see a predator. We had a hawk do a test dive one day while I was sitting of the coop steps supervising free range time and I ended up with about half my flock in my lap or on my head or shoulder instead of in or under the coop. It look 2 weeks for the scratches on my face and neck to heal!
Other than snakes every now and than I haven’t lost any of flock in long time now when I say acting crazy I mean they doing stuff makes me laugh example of wack-a-doo is I have a runner duck that chases one of my goose and try’s to mate with her when he catches her and another duck is now chasing my turkey hen

Other than snakes every now and than I haven’t lost any of flock in long time now when I say acting crazy I mean they doing stuff makes me laugh example of wack-a-doo is I have a runner duck that chases one of my goose and try’s to mate with her when he catches her and another duck is now chasing my turkey

When hawks started and kept coming back and lost some young ducks and some chicken I researched about them and I have 5 different kinds of owls (plastic ones) out and around my chicken coop and one of owls eyes light up at night and we even got a scarecrow fixed up like a actual person outside and moving haven’t had any problems with predators other than snakes for bout 2 years now

Other than snakes every now and than I haven’t lost any of flock in long time now when I say acting crazy I mean they doing stuff makes me laugh example of wack-a-doo is I have a runner duck that chases one of my goose and try’s to mate with her when he catches her and another duck is now chasing my turkey hen

Back
Top Bottom