Have you ever cured a chick with Spraddle-Leg?

I've only had one I'd call spraddle leg. She had a hard time hatching, but we did do the bandaid thing and she was great in a couple of days. You have to catch it immediately. Maybe I had success because she hatched right here and I was quick to get her legs corrected.

The earlier you catch it the faster they correct. I caught it quickly with a wellsummer chick and you can't tell she ever had anything wrong. I caught it late with a mille fleur d'uccle and it's taken over a month.

Don't give up hope!

I didn't have any luck fixing my 1 day old banty chick's leg even though it was hobbled for almost 2 months. It just never went back into place, but she is living a good life now inside in a bird cage. She has learned to get around by balancing with her bad leg and her wings. I even take her outside a few times a week for grass and dirt. It's not an ideal life I know for a chicken, but she seems happy and adjusted with her life. She really doesn't know anything different since she has been like this since hatching. I give her vitamins in her water all the time and once a month do Polyvisol for a week since she does have a problem with curled toes.

Just the other end of the spectrum for you....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom