Have you ever had someone do this to you?

I would say that he's feeling a little guilty about not helping with the garden, and tied the tomatoes up to be helpful, since he can see they are now baring fruit, but...

Given that he also took the fence down to let the chickens in kind of negates any case for defense I could have made for him!

Quote:
th.gif

I hate losing plants from the garden--my sympathies (to everyone)!

maybe he is just a jerk..I was married to one of them,he never helped me do anything but he would stand back when I was done and tell me what I did wrong..we are not married anymore,there was other issues,like ..well,I best not get into it,I get very angry anytime I think about him...

OH my goodness! Thank you everyone!!!! You all are right on target...

I need to tell him that the garden is MY area and even if it isn't done to his likes...well it is mine.
big_smile.png
I think you are right also that he wants/needs to be needed. This type of thing usually happens when I do something myself and don't ask for his help or opinion. hmmmmm maybe I should read that men and mars book.
lol.png

He is very much a do it right person...and I try to be. But sometimes, you just have to go with the flow.

rooster-red
Yesterday 8:41 pm

I would say that he's feeling a little guilty about not helping with the garden, and tied the tomatoes up to be helpful, since he can see they are now baring fruit, but...

Given that he also took the fence down to let the chickens in kind of negates any case for defense I could have made for him!

I had to laugh at this Rooster-Red.

I have had plants mowed.....not fun...

Thank you all.....​

Quote:
Am I the only man brave( or stupid) enough to defend the poor husband??......I never met a woman who didn't over-explain everything!.....On second thought maybe I should keep my big mouth shut!
Oh well, some guys just don't learn
wink.png

In the past I have grown pumpkins and have had the atlantic giant pumpkin plants. They are difficult to grow. One year I had a beautiful plant with a fruit that promised to be in the 700 - 1000 pound range. It was the only year that I wasn't plagued by bugs or rot. I was sure to break the state record. These plants get huge, and mine went out into the lawn a bit. I told him to keep the mower away from it. He promised he would, but he just couldn't help himself. He had to mow close. He whacked that plant off right at the main stump. I could understand if he nipped off the end of a vine or a leaf or two, but not the main stump. Now keep in mind that a plant like that has a huge woody stump, and I'm sure the lawn mower blade was never the same. Part of me believes that it was on purpose because he was a bit jealous of the time I spent on this pumpkin plant. However, I think he regretted it afterward. Actually, I know he regretted it.

I have since set aside my goal of a giant pumkin and am working on giant chickens, Jersey Giants. So far that is going well.

Last night my husband was in the garden fussing over the tomato plants. He was doing the "Oh woe is me, look at me toiling out here all alone, I'm such a martyr act." I had other things to do. If I lose a few tomatoes, or gain a few weeds, so what? I just ignore drama.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom