Have you ever had someone do this to you?

That might also be part of it too.. having a baby (even adopting) compleatly changes the whole dynamics of a family even if it is exciting.. imagine everyone getting put into a snow globe.. all settled.. then it gets all shook up and everyone is trying to settle again.. This is a time when everyone needs the most grace for each other.. (something that I seem to have NONE of right now) but grace does help.

Quote:
Oh I am so glad my DH isn't the only one who has done that!!
he.gif

Pam

Wonder if our DH's were triplets that got separated at birth...
tongue.png

Quote:
It was strange the first month or even two, we did not see any thing...then in the last month my daughter has been more "needy" and my older son has been picking more fights with my daughter. Sometimes I just want to jump on the couch and scream at the top of my lungs that everyone needs to just calm down, but that would make the baby cry and then I would be the bad guy!
roll.png

Grace? What is that? LOL! No, last night he saw that the fence was back up and asked if the chickens were eating the tomatoes? I refrained from saying DUUUUUUHHHH YA THINK?
smack.gif

I just said yes. I guess that was grace....maybe.
roll.png

Aneesa's Muse :

Wonder if our DH's were triplets that got separated at birth...
tongue.png

Sometimes I think it is a genetic marker in most men.

I wanted to plant the yard in wild flowers and perennials so no mowing, but he about had a fit.

NO LAWN?! Like it was against the laws of nature to not have grass.
big_smile.png

Having once babysat my sister's 8 month old twins and 3 yoa daughter I can tell you that when they are all crying and whining screaming "SHUT UP!" at the top of your exasperated lungs will actually make them shut up for a seemingly blissful 15 seconds before they redouble their efforts and I don't blame them lol. As for DH I don't know what to tell you- I once had a live-in BF who informed me as I was leaving for work that he planned to clean and organize my closet and drawers while I was gone. After being explicitely told not to do so at least twice before I left I came home to find he had done just that (and believe me- it didn't need to be done). Needless to say I felt violated and he was not there much longer. I must say I did somehow curb my desire to organize his computer files and personal writing stuff (but I don't know how I did). (Please note, we did have other issues before this)

Last edited:
This is man #2 replying to this post. Congratulations airheart43 on realizing the exact truth on how to explain things to us. It's simple, and when emotions are left out of it, it even gets easier for us to understand. I also really appreciate it that you are sharing this knowledge with other women here on the forum so that they will understand how we understand things. Remeber... saying "please don't mow over my tomatoes" doesn't cut it.. it has to be worded as "please don't mow this spot hear (gesture with your hands and physically show him) and this spot too (with another gesture), etc." to be followed up with ".. because there are tomatoes growing in this area - and IT'S Important to me that we have some to eat this year". That should be enough for him to understand.

I think that the bright flags is a bit much, but if the guy isn't smart enough to realize where the tomatoes are, then he's probably got other problems. We have a flower/vegetable garden in the back yard, where large sections of it are framed in with 2x6 wooden boards, so the lawn portion is clearly in a separated area, and no danger of mowing over any of that.

I love this website!
tongue.png

Quote:
This reminds me of the old Jeff Foxworthy routine where he says that he believes women do about 90% of the work in the world, but that men are so much more proud of their 10% and think they should be recognized for it. He says "a woman could be out paving the driveway by hand and her husband would come to the door and yell "Honeey! I emptied that ashtray in the living room. Did it just for you baby!"

Too true!

Quote:
This reminds me of the old Jeff Foxworthy routine where he says that he believes women do about 90% of the work in the world, but that men are so much more proud of their 10% and think they should be recognized for it. He says "a woman could be out paving the driveway by hand and her husband would come to the door and yell "Honeey! I emptied that ashtray in the living room. Did it just for you baby!"

Too true!

OMG tooo funny!

tazcat70,
I really like your tomato cages - very nice!
I agree that sometimes people don't get the hints and need to be told what you want or don't. It is your garden and you are managing it just fine.

Quote:
Men should come with an a book that helps their wives translate womanish into manese. That way we would all understand each other.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom