Have you ever just given up?...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by blckbrnfamly, Jan 25, 2010.

1. blckbrnfamly

blckbrnfamly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    Southeast, Arizona
    ~ Slight unloading of family life happenings.~
    I have three kids 6, 4, and almost 2..... my littlest one is sick, so for the last two days I have been mostly sitting and rocking her. She's just miserable with a head cold. Poor baby, I love nurturing my kids everyday, but there is something it about when they are sick, I feel more important I suppose... I hope that doesn't sound odd! *sigh* I have a Mount Vesuvius of clean laundry on my bed, dishes from yesterday cluttering up the sink and counter and I can scarcly see the living room floor! haha! I have just looked around while I was sitting here rocking my little sick one back to sleep and thought I might as well give up.... at least everyone has clean clothes and food in their tummies! I have been through this countless times since my oldest was born, but it never ceases to overwhelm me at times. I need a maid! My husband does all he can for me when days like this happen, but he has training this week at work so he's been bushed..... the wonderful rain storm we were blessed with is gone so atleast my other two can go outside now! But here I sit because as far as today... I have given up!!! [​IMG] hahaha!

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Once your little one falls asleep, lean down and just take a deep breath, then let it out in a long sigh.

That never ceases to give me a sense of peace and contentment.

So many never have that simple joy, that I know even on my worst day that I'm very lucky.

Actually, I like to say that the reason I can't win the lotto is because I used up all my luck with B and the kids being here, healthy and happy. [​IMG]

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    All that stuff can wait.Tend to your little ones,and then tend to yourself.We forget we moms need time to recharge too. Some days the dishes don't get done,and the clean laundry on the bed gets moved to a basket so I can sleep.....next day(or the next) all cleaned up [​IMG]

Speedy healings for your little one!

4. LaurelRidgeDreams

LaurelRidgeDreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Mountains of NC
    This happened to me several times when our girls were small. It's overwhelming and somewhat depressing. With a full time job, it was almost impossible to keep up with everything. My husband helped also but there were times when he was so busy coaching he spent very little time at home.

You do need a maid! Someone to come in and help you for a couple of hours once or twice a week. Is this an option for you?

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    yup little ones come first. Then I go outside and pray outloud-I dont care if people think Im nuts either..I give all my stress to God and just ask and beg give me the strength to make it through this day without losing my cool my patience and sanity...I feel a total sense of renewel when done and go back in and jump in to the best of my ability even if it means no cleaning for another day-in the long run do you think the kids will remember that mom didnt do laundry or dishes on a Friday 20 years ago? Nope they will remember mom was there when I needed her most good or bad:)

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Having had 5 kids, I definitely understand. Just take care of your little one, thats the most important thing. The other stuff can wait.

7. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Remember the picture that went around for years . . .of the mama in the rocking chair holding a baby and the saying went something like : cobwebs and dust go to sleep, my baby needs rocking and babies don't keep". Not exactly but close to that.

My DS's g.f. showed a picture of her mom's house that was build in Missouri, (very very very disfunctional family, makes me feel like mine ain't so bad after all) and what a "mansion" it is. DS shook his head, and said "you know, my mom and dad could have had something like that too, they chose to raise their family and stay committed to us when we were all grown." Made me feel good. He isn't kidding either.[​IMG]

8. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Hang in there! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

A messy house and dirty dishes will be there when you get to them. What that baby will remember most when she is grown is the time you took rocking her, not that you had to step over piles of clothes for a day or two. I used to clean myself crazy when mine was born, thought everything had to look tip top, then my Mama told me something I have never forgotten "Don't clean her life away". SO now when I see dishes stacked to the ceiling, or that stray cobweb I missed, or the pile of towels I didn't fold, I also think what a hell of a fun time we had while I wasn't tending to those things.

10. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    i am so there with you dear. With a newborn who has reflux i have suddenly found life a bit harder. My other kids were fairly easy babies, even my 5yr old who is special needs. She needs to much attention right now and i feel like i cant keep up with everything else. i cant even get out of the house for more than 10min without my dh getting mad at me. sigh. i know this phase ends, just like your little one with the sickies will feel better, but right now it is such a craptacular hopeless lets all throw our hands up in the air and live in our own filth feeling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by