Have you ever ????????

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bufforpingtons13, Feb 21, 2011.

1. bufforpingtons13

bufforpingtons13 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2010
    This may sound strange, but have you ever knocked out a chicken???? I was cleaning up sticks while they were free ranging and chunked it........ I turned around and it had hit one of my roosters in the head. It scared me to death. I had thought i killed it, but when i picked it up it started skwawking and ran aroun in circles. Thankfully he is alright...... i hope. Well just had to share my experience.

2. Jesseschickens

Jesseschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    somewhere in Pa
    no I cant say I ever have interesting though [​IMG]

3. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

Quote:2X!!

4. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Nope, but I've only had mine a few weeks so there's still time! What are the odds of that?

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I was cleaning up the coop one day and I knocked a 2x4 over and it landed on my little Modern Game bantam roo who was just a little chick at the time. I screamed (I remember thinking it was strange that I screamed) but I did and I picked the 2x4 expecting to see a smushed, dead chick. Well he wasn't, he staggered a bit and I picked him up and put him in my shirt pocket and he stayed in the house with me a couple of days and he was fine. That was Cornelius, the BEST little rooster that ever lived. He is in the big coop in the sky now and I miss him every day.

Here is my little man:

[​IMG]

6. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    When I was young my cat came to the house with a tiny chick in it's mouth, I took the chick and hand raised it. Well when the hormones kicked in he turned out to be the meanest rooster EVER! He didn't even roost, he slept on the ground in the pasture with the goats and horses. Well he would see me come out the back door and charge me with his 3 inch spurs flying! I would walk with a stick to keep him from getting too close and one day I swung around and accidently made contact with him, I knocked him out cold! I started crying thinking I had killed him, I ran over to him and was petting him and about that time my dad said "watch out! you probably just stunned him", well dad was right and right then "Speedy" came back to life and chased me all the way into the house. We had that rooster for almost 10 years [​IMG]

7. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]..awsome looking bird...did road runner have anything to do with genetics ????[​IMG]????/looks like he can turn on a dime at
    100 mph...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by