Have you gotten chicks from The Poultry House via Bonnie's Barnyard?

I ordered Buff Orpingtons from Doug and Tracey three years ago. Those are slowing down on laying, so I have an order coming on 2/25/12 and then another on 3/31/12, four different breeds. I wanted variety this time. You can order the breed you want and the amount you want. I was very pleased with the first chickens I ordered. I called and spoke to Doug a couple of times after purchase just to ask questions and answers were provided cheerfully. If you like to buy chicks local that were hatched local, the Poultry House is great.

Do you know if they sell anything beside baby chicks?

For reasons which are not important here...I do not want small chicks- couple week old babies..
I need pullets that are at least 3 months along...

If someone knows of anyone selling Sussex or Delawares in that age range...from Nashville north, please let me know..

I live in Gallatin, and Franklin is far, yes, but *not* as far as Murfreesboro or Columbia area...

Last edited:
I got chicks from them last spring and besides a weak Cochin that died (didn't seem sick, just weak...), the other 3 are great. Two very pretty Easter eggers and a black sex-link who's got the sweetest personality ever!

Does he sells ducks?and does he have a website or a place you can see what breeds he has and pictures of the chickens?are the chicken expensive? I just moved to Arrington and I am only 7 minutes away from Bonnie's barn.Thanks!

I'm about to begin raising another flock of hens and have searched high and low for someone who can vent sex chicks right after hatching. The Poultry House is the best that I can find in the Nashville area---actually the ONLY ones who sex them with good accuracy. A boy may slip through on occasion, but not too often. I also just emailed a poultry scientist at MTSU and he said that the best hatchery he could recommend in the area is Poultry House. Guess they'll have all the business they need with Davidson County's new backyard hen law.

Guess they'll have all the business they need with Davidson County's new backyard hen law.

I thought that too!! I'm certainly a new customer thanks to the new law.
wee.gif

And just thought I would also post my experience from the Poultry House, since as a previous poster mentioned, it is hard to find any info on them. I found them both on Craigslist and the UCAN (Urban Chicken Advocates of Nashville) website. I prefer email, and their communication was excellent (eggcellent?). They answered every question I had in an extremely timely manner (I got one email at 11:00pm!).

They have set up shop outside of Bonnie's Barnyard, and it was easy to find. They were pretty busy with people picking up orders, and walk-ins there to see what they had that day. My order was 9 3 wk old Black Australorps. They looked great and were healthy. I had bought more chicks than I needed, because you never know how many will survive chickhood. I'm happy to report that all nine chicks made it to the "teenager" phase (though that meant I had to sell three due to the permit limitations in Davidson Co). They are now 10 weeks old and all look great!

For anyone thinking about buying from the Poultry House, I would definitely recommend them. When the time comes, I will definitely be a return customer.

They are also on Facebook and will often post what they have that week and any specials there.

Just thought I'd update. I still have four of the first batch of ten and they are still laying well four years later! Two EEs and two Welsummers. Every easter egger (Ameraucana) I've gotten has laid blue or green eggs and lots of them. I did try one of the new cuckoo Marans last time and they have a long way to go if mine is representative. But, overall, very happy with their birds.

I've been told they are on Facebook, but for the life of me, my search won't bring them up. That would have been handy to have if they are posting the chick breeds.

Back
Top Bottom