have you had a person who woulnd;t stop.......

Animallover606

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Well this is about when we where at a fair i was showing and we were selling our rabbits it was the end of the last day and this man came up and said hey are these for sale to one of my freinds and we said no because she told us that they weren't for sale her self. well then he came of to mine and said to my is this one for sale and its my favorite one so i said no well then he came of to my other rabbits cage a hymilayin and asked if he was for sale we said yes 25 bucks and he said well i bought that one over there for ten(a feamale) and so we said sorry so he just going to my freinds and then goining to mine he was so persesteint mine were for sale well but my favorite one wasn't and so he said my son here wants them to have babies the son denied it andsaid the dad was the one so we sold it for ten bucks...... i hope the poor rabbits okay but the point is has any one just been so persestient when you were selling any animal would anyone just keep nagging you?

Yes and when they are that persistent, I usually say, well they are honestly my pets and that is my asking price and I am not going to come down any more on the price. If they want it they want it and if they don't well they can go get another from the one they got for 10 bucks!
hmm.png

thank you i was trying to find a way to have buy at my price but it was last day and i didn' t have enough room for it

What you should have done is bargained. When he said ten, you should have lowered your price to twenty (and so on). You probably would have ended up getting seventeen or eighteen dollars for the rabbit instead of ten. (If the price goes too low, you can always say, "No sale.")

This a way of compromising on the price. The father took advantage of you because you didn't know what you were doing.

Quote:
Exactly you got to start somewhere to make a trade or sale.

But if they just look and dont make an offer of some kind your probably not
going to sell anything at no price

Last edited:
weel it was my second time selling so i geuees i wasn't the best seller thanks for the advice i'd appreciate more on how to sell succesfulley oh and mabeyy please post your storys about them oh and we triued to bargain he just wouldn't stay at the price wanted and he wouldn't leave us alone

i could use some help on how excactly to get the price where i want i t so any information is very helpful thanks alot

Quote:
sadly, if you want your animal sold at the price you determine all you can do is stick to your guns.

If you're willing to bargain, than do so...just plan before hand that you have a price that you will NOT go below. Like say you want to sell your rabbit for 20, but are willing to go as low as 15.....if the guy asks how much?

Say $20. If he says "eh can you go any lower?" Explain what you've put into that animal, and that you'd consider doing 18....and so on and so on....but dont go "20, but i'll sell him for as low as 15..."because more than likely you'll get your $15 lol.

You can't MAKE someone play a certain price...either they wil or they won't. If you want to sell it for $20 say "20. no less, he is worth way more."

Simple as a pimple. It took me 2 hours to get a sale on a pedigreed jr show holland lop doe. THe mother wanted the doe for her daughter, bu ti would NOT go lower than $50 for her. So she asked if she could drag me, and the jr doe around the rabbit show we were at to discuss her good and bad points with judges and other rabbit breeders. It was so much fun because the lady didnt believe me that myrabbit was good quality....but after all 5 people looked her over and agreed they'd buy her in a heartbeat that her lines were good, her type was good AND she was a doe....I got that $50 easily, and turned around and bought a nice broody holland doe i had had my eyes on
wink.png

Just be aware that at rabbit shows theres people who buy rabbits extreemly cheap, take them home and resell them at their normal price...or wellthey end up as food. Seen it happen MANY times. so just be careful if you want your rabbit going to a good home stick at your price, it wont guarrentee a good hoome but i can assure you no ones going ot buy a $30-50 rabbit just to eat it.

thanks i was worried about what would happen to the rabbit that i sold and now i know how to sell rabbits at the price i want thanks so muchall apreciated but more wouldn't be that bad if you gave more information on how to sell what you want selll at your own price thanks alot once again

Back
Top Bottom