1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you seen Casa De Pollo?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Shawnee_b, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Shawnee_b

Shawnee_b Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2011
    So Central Kentucky
    It's in Backyard Poultry magazine. I like their idea of the coop floor. They laid hardware cloth, then railroad ties (pressure treated would work) Then wrapped the wire up the side of the timbers and roofing nailed it. That's got to be a good digger deterrent. Very pretty coop too.

Mine's in the planning stage. GF and a friend keep me well supplied but I think they are calling my hand with a dozen half grown chicks they feel I need. And they are right. Hope to have some Guineas soon too. [​IMG]

2. FriendlyFlyer

FriendlyFlyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    I did see that chicken coop! It looked great and they made it perfectly! I'm still jealous of it. I want one of my own.

3. Shawnee_b

Shawnee_b Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2011
    So Central Kentucky
    Quote:I see an awful lot of nice ones in this forum but something on that one caught my eye, even the color.

I Have been planning mine a while now, basic profile view is similar just longer run. Coop raised on one end with room underneath, however 8 x 24 instead of 8 x 16 for additional run space. Roughly 1/3 will be coop, 12 birds for now. Guineas have trees:rolleyes: They will free range when I am here but if gone (rare) they will have a safe enclosure. That hardware cloth base is pretty safe for the diggers. I'll be sure the sides and any opening are just as tough and well designed.
    I really enjoy that magazine, read it cover to cover, even the page numbers;)

4. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

is there a picture of it somewhere on the net- did a member build it? I found a YouTube video of a Casa de Pollo... but it wasn't really that cute. I'm going to assume that wasn't it. [​IMG]

5. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by