Have you seen this chick?

Quote:Originally Posted by CliffB

Let's start out with. I know, i know, too young to tell. Here's the thing though. I got an assortment of chicks the other day. 1 cochin, 2 EE, 2 Red Rangers, 2 white rocks, 3 black and white bantams and what i believed in my haste were either 2 more red rangers or 2 red sex links but i didn't pay attention to which chicks came from which tubs. Well now i stand here looking and two of the chicks have heavily feathered legs, cream white wing feathers coming in, yellow skin and 5 toes. Did i by some miracle chance ACCIDENTALLY get 2 Salmon Faverolles? A SF and a Brahma are the only two chicks i could think of that would have feathered legs with yellow skin and only the SF would have 5 toes i believe. What say you?

Faverolles have white skin and legs.

Is it just the lighting that makes the color look buff?

They don't have much for muffs.

Legs are definitely yellow. Wings are definitely buff. Definitely 5 toes. Doesn't look like a sultan, houdan, silkie or dorking.

Legs are definitely yellow. Wings are definitely buff. Definitely 5 toes. Doesn't look like a sultan, houdan, silkie or dorking.

Other than the 5 toes they don't look like Faverolles either. Not with yellow legs, being beardless and buff. Where did you get them?

Other than the 5 toes they don't look like Faverolles either. Not with yellow legs, being beardless and buff. Where did you get them?

They either came from Privett, Hoover, Estes or Townline but i cannot recall which.

Did you get them from a local feed store? I think they could be some sort of mix, maybe Cochin x Faverolles.

I have looked at every 5 toed, feather legged/footed bird i can find and nothing looks like this chick. Being that it came from a reputable hatchery i cannot imagine they accidentally mixed a salmon faverolles or a silkie with something. Don't most large scale hatcheries have separate breeding pens for the different breeds?

There are only five 5-toed breeds in the U.S.: Dorkings, Faverolles, Houdans, Silkies and Sultans.

Your chicks don't fit anyone of them to be honest, what type of comb do they have?

Back
Top Bottom