~!Have YOU Seen THIS Horse?!~

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by The Wolf Queen, Jan 2, 2011.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    In early December I got an e-mail from a gal in TX asking if I had seen this horse that had been stolen from her a few years ago. I had posted a CL ad asking people to save mustangs from slaughter @ an auction that was coming up so she e-mailed me asking me to look out for this horse. The horse is a 9 year old bay roan BLM mustang gelding named Shy. He has the freeze brand on the left side of his neck. She was leasing Shy to a girl who was showing him & one day she got a call from the barn owner saying that someone was loading Shy into a trailer (why they didn't stop them I don't know). Anyways this gal called the mother of the girl leasing him and she said that she has sold the horse for 15 grand cash(Shy is a well trained horse & did great at youth shows in the area he is trained in english & western, knows tricks, etc). After that the contact info for the "new owners" didn't work and this gal has been looking for Shy ever since. The pics Ive posted are of him a few years ago and of him as a 2 year old. If you have seen this horse please let me know so I can let his rightful owner know. She believes he may be in NM, AZ, or one of the surrounding states but you never know. Thanks in advance!

Shy as a 2 year old
    [​IMG]

Shy when he got older
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    Has anyone put the info. on the stolen horse on Netposse.com ?

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    How can you sell an animal that you are leasing? Was this woman prosecuted?

4. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Im not sure exactly how it went down. What the gal told me is that she still has all his papers, and the people who sold him were charged with theft but she still hasnt been able to find the horse because the contact info for the people he was sold to wasnt accurate.

5. Tbird84

Tbird84 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    Corapeake, NC
    I am so sorry for your friend. I am gonna put this on my Facebook. I hope you don't mind. I have a large horse friend network on there. IF someone contacts me about Shy, I assume that I'd just put them contact with you? Best of luck with this. His saving grace will probably be that freeze brand.

6. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    I realize the OP doesn't have all the info.. but I wonder why the owner of the horse couldn't prove "theft"... if they recieved 15k. There would have to be phone records, emails, snail mail.. SOMETHING...
    A person just doesn't show up with that kind of cash with out a conversation taking place.
    IF nothing else he/she could have taken the leasor's to court for the 15K.. and that dollar amount makes it a felony I would have thought....
    Civil court if nothing else..
    Something is missing in this story.

JMHO
    Carol

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  7. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Sorry I dont have the answers but thats all the info I have been given. In the e-mail the gal whom Shy was stolen from put 15k but maybe she ment $1,500. I dunno. I just wanna know if anyone knows where Shy is, not start a conversation about what should have happened through the courts. Even if the story doesnt add up I dont think this gal from TX would contact me all the way in NM if she did something fishy.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  8. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Tbird84 I do not mind at all if you put this on facebook and yes if someone does know where he is just put them in contact with me [​IMG]

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Any idea what the numbers are? There is a BLM gelding similar to that description at the place I board my own horse. He claims he purchased the horse from a "breeder" in Arizona that had him in a pasture with a stallion and was allowing the stallion to kill the colt. Something about increasing testosterone in the stud horse? I think the horse at the barn is a bay though...I haven't looked at him closely. No idea on his age.

I'll keep an ear to the ground...my sympathies lie deep in things like this!

10. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    rodriguezpoultry im not sure what the numbers on his brand are but I will e-mail the gal & ask. As you can see in the pics Shy is bay roan with 3 socks and a sort of star. He should be about 9 years old right now. Im not sure how tall he is but I will ask that to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by