Having a big baby problem......please help!!!!!!!!!

dandydoodle

Songster
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
georgia
Okay, well I have a first time broody sitting on eggs right now. I get her off the eggs everyday but, unfortunately she runs strait back and sit back down. She keeps pooping on them.
barnie.gif

(I know gross) I asked about this yesterday and I was told it would be okay. Okay, well this is the problem today I went out she had really yuckied 3 of the eggs and has pushed them to the side and won't sit on them.
he.gif
Can I wash them and give them back to her. If I do should I use a certain temp. Please help I don't want those babies to die just because, she won't poop in the proper place.

Thanks soooo much

Usually if momma pushes them aside, they are duds. that has been my experience anyways. does she have food and water near her so she can get up and take a break? or does she have to walk too far. that might be why she is pooping in the nest.

How long has she been sitting on the eggs? If it has been a few days maybe you can slip them out and candle them and see in what stage of development they are in??? I wouldn't wash the eggs but would carefully wipe them off.

No personal experience, but I've read about people feeding broodies scratch grain to make their poop a bit drier so that it comes off eggs easier.
hu.gif
Don't know if that's any help, but I wish you and your broody the best of luck!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom