Having a REALLY hard time...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WhiteMountainsRanch, Dec 23, 2010.

1. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Finding something to buy BF for Christmas... he is one of those people who has everything they want, books, wallets, clothes, perfume, etc... And doesn't want tangible things... he want to move, wants a well on our property etc... things I can't buy... So I am having a really hard time... anyone have any suggestions...?

Thanks!

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
  3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Buy him some lottery tickets....you never know. Maybe some scratch off tickets too.

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Quote:Haha, GREAT book WingingIt! We actually have that already and I've read it front to back like 4 times. [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    IOU for dinner and a date.

6. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Quote:Haha, GREAT book WingingIt! We actually have that already and I've read it front to back like 4 times. [​IMG]

Well, drat! (for you, good for me, I guess...lol)

What about a subscription to a good magazine? Mother Earth News or Log Cabin Living or whatever fits in with your property and lifestyle....

Oooh - what about a certificate that you'll have a well driller come out to give their opinion on where the best place would be for a well, what the average depth of drilling is in your area, what the minimum cost would be, etc? That won't get him his well just now, but it will get you started on the way to planning and saving for one with some concrete information.

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    How about start a savings account for the well and present him with the savings book showing the balance. Then it'll give him the hint to save for it as well. Maybe [​IMG] Just a thought, that way it is something he REAAAAAAALLLLLY wants, and it's a move in the right direction!

8. WhiteMountainsRanch

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA

Well, drat! (for you, good for me, I guess...lol)

What about a subscription to a good magazine? Mother Earth News or Log Cabin Living or whatever fits in with your property and lifestyle....

Oooh - what about a certificate that you'll have a well driller come out to give their opinion on where the best place would be for a well, what the average depth of drilling is in your area, what the minimum cost would be, etc? That won't get him his well just now, but it will get you started on the way to planning and saving for one with some concrete information.

We've already had the surveyor come out, but the magazine subscription is a great idea! He loves those ones! Now where to find one... [​IMG]

9. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I bought my husband a Bacon of the Month membership. [​IMG]

10. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Hubby only wants one thing for Christmas. It's the same thing he wants for his birthday, New Year's, Tuesday, any day. Wrapped, not wrapped, makes no difference, though he does enjoy the "unwrapping." Perhaps your BF would like the same thing? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by