Having a WORSE day, any advice?

New 2 pfwl, Which lab are you going to and are they going to charge you? The Turlock lab did three of the feed store's for free and the Tulare lab did one for free, but charged me the next. Just curious...

Hello Casportpony,
My neighbor has a friend who is a forensic pathologist and does necropsies for animal rescues. She is going to do it for free.
That's very useful information about the labs in Turlock and Tulare, because I wouldn't have had a clue where to go to get necropsies done.
Can you tell me where exactly what the labs are called? Tulare is closer to me. Is that connected to UC Davis?

Although it's so important to find out what happened, I'm sad that Mr. Skittles has to get cut up. I just want to put him to rest under his favorite oak tree. Fortunately, I will get to afterwards.

I've been watching Skittles' best buddy Boyo like a hawk today. He seems subdued and I want to make sure he is OK.
Maybe he's depressed about losing his friend.

If you don't mind my asking, who/where is your vet?
From my experience here on the forum, vets that will look at peas are very few and far between.
I'm really fortunate that there is one not too far from me (the vet is in Santa Barbara).
Providing information about such vets can be incredibly helpful to other pea people.

If you don't mind my asking, who/where is your vet?
From my experience here on the forum, vets that will look at peas are very few and far between.
I'm really fortunate that there is one not too far from me (the vet is in Santa Barbara).
Providing information about such vets can be incredibly helpful to other pea people.

Of course I don't mind. I use Monterey Avian & Exotic Clinic and have seen Thomas, Stern and Wells with either Peafowl or turkeys. Their pricing is quite reasonable, they always have openings and they are connected, by a door, to a small animal practice that is open 24/7, so if you have a really sick bird you can take it their after hours. Here's there link:
http://www.aecvets.com/

Edited with the correct link

Last edited:
Now Mr Skittles' best buddy Boyo is drooping, not eating, in distress.
My great vet is off for the weekend.
Her clinic referred me to another vet (who thought it might be rat poison).
This new vet's clinic said I could bring Boyo in for treatment but it would cost me $1100-1400, which I just can't do.

Any ideas about things I can do for him if it is poison (still not sure, waiting for results of necropsy of Mr.S.).
Thank you so much peapeople.

This new vet's clinic said I could bring Boyo in for treatment but it would cost me $1100-1400, which I just can't do.

Any ideas about things I can do for him if it is poison (still not sure, waiting for results of necropsy of Mr.S.).
I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Mr. Skittles & now Boyo not doing well!
I'm no help - is there a vet school in your state that you could call their avian department? or a zoo?

Has your friend started the necropsy? If so, what did the liver look like?

If he roams it is more likely ant poison, i have no clue what to d o for your baby except i will pray real hard for him.
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom