having no luck with hatching....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by countrycowgirl, Oct 31, 2012.

1. countrycowgirl

countrycowgirl New Egg

Aug 1, 2012
    Ok ive hatched eggs before but this time im having no luck at all.chicks are 25 days and still in the eggs.i candled them and they are moving good but are very small and look no where near ready to hatch.anyone have any idea what may be goin on here?

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG]
    What was your temperature during incubation? If it was a bit under the ideal ± 99* it would've delayed the development of the embryos.

3. countrycowgirl

countrycowgirl New Egg

Aug 1, 2012
    Thats the thing....my temp has been perfect all this time 99.5,humidity just right....I just don't get it.

4. jrosemoore

jrosemoore Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Nebraska
    I'd say get a new thermometer. I realized that mine was junk when I thought I had the right temp but turned out it was low. Now I never run my bator with less than three thermometers. And they all say a different temp :/

5. jrosemoore

Apr 15, 2010
    Nebraska
    Are you sure they are chicken eggs? And that you put them in the bator precisely 25days ago?

6. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Are you sure they are still moving (not just sloshing around when you move them)?

7. countrycowgirl

countrycowgirl New Egg

Aug 1, 2012
    yes they came from my chickens.

8. jrosemoore

Apr 15, 2010
    Nebraska
    Try a different thermometer. See what that one says. It might not be too late to save them!F

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by