Having trouble laying in egg she is very uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mark Cavalli, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Mark Cavalli

Mark Cavalli In the Brooder

Dec 4, 2017
    One of my girls are having trouble laying her eggs up and down up and down squawking bad. Is there something I can do to help her.

2. DobieLover

DobieLover Free Ranging

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Is she a new or an established layer? Is she just having trouble today or is this a regular occurance?
    I had a pullet on the nest for over an hour working on passing her first large double yolker. I've also seen pullets struggle to pass a shell-less egg.

3. Mark Cavalli

Mark Cavalli In the Brooder

Dec 4, 2017
    She is a year and a half old has always gave me a beautiful eggs this is her first time having trouble. I soaked her and she pooped quite a bit so that Hass to help. I have her by her self in an area hoping she will have an egg for me. We will see thanks for getting back to me on this I do appreciate it.

4. coach723

coach723 Crowing

Feb 12, 2015
    North Florida
    If she's egg bound you will need to help her. She may be trying to pass a malformed or soft shelled egg, those can be difficult and uncomfortable to pass. This explains how to check to see if she's egg bound or not, and how to treat if she is.
    https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/egg-bound-chicken/

Mark Cavalli likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: