1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Having trouble with brooder light.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    I haveing trouble finding a way hanging my brooder light sends some picks of ur brooder and show me have you guys have hung them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2007
  2. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    ON one of my brooders (the wood one) I have a wood board nailed to the side of it. Then there is nails coming up the board, where is which i can attach the light too, and when I need to move the light up it just gets moved to the next nail. Its works out pretty good.

For my bigger brooder (which is cardboard) I have to chairs on to of the sides.Then I have a board sitting on the two chairs. Then I have my light hanging from the board, and its attached by a piece of wire. I can also easily ajust this light for temperature by moving the light up, it works out nicely.

I may beable to get pictures later.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  3. dreamgirl

dreamgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    Hudson Valley, NY
    For my box (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) brooder I used a standing fan and draped the cord over the top, securung it with office binder clips to the grill, and attached the clip on the light to a 2x4 board that went across the top of the box which was butted up against something in order to keep the light centered. When I had to raise it to the point that the board would have been dangling I clipped it directly to the fan.

My next up brooder was an old wire ferret cage with three levels. When they were little and couldn't fly to the second level I put the light in the cage on the third level. When they got bigger I moved it on top of the cage and bigger yest, I went back to the fan. Oh, and I had a towel that went around 3 sides of the cage to keep the warmth and shavings in.

Not very technical, but it was what I ahd and it worked.

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I hang mine from the ceiling fan chain & drap cord up & over the fan lights that way I can raise or lower the light to adjust temp. in brooder.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by