Having your hens lay eggs.

chicken6722

Hatching
May 19, 2015
I just started a very small flock of about 3 rhode island reds. They are very nice, easy and lay like theres no tomorrow!!! The only downside is my little daughter doesn't like seeing the exact same brown eggs every day. So I've decided that 3 month from now I would buy 4 ameraucana or easter eggers online and hatch them myself. After seeing this is a lot of work I was wondering if it is possible to buy the fertile eggs online and when they come in just put them in my nesting box and let the hens incubate, hatch and raise them???? I don't know what to do but I need to order the eggs soon help!!
D.gif

You'd likely have better results by purchasing a few chicks, Easter Egger or whatever else appeals to you. You will need to raise them apart from the hens.

You can't make a hen go broody and want to hatch eggs.

Do you know any websites that sell them already hatched but in such a small quantity? Every website Ive looked at makes you buy 15 or more

You have to have a broody hen to hatch that way. If none of the hens are broody they won't sit on the eggs.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom