HAWAII Oahu Breeders??

brandoncakes

Songster
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
Kailua, HI
Just wondering if there are any Oahu, Hawaii breeders out there? If so, what breeds do you have? I'm looking for hatching eggs. Not interested in gamebirds or fighting chickens

Brandon
Kailua, HI

Hi Brandon,

I've also been looking to get some backyard egg-layers... The only hatchery I've found so far (Asagi Hatchery) carries only three breeds: White Leghorns, Cornish Rock, and a dubiously named breed they call "Brown." Since I am looking for a docile breed that is good with children, I haven't gone to check them out yet...

I did, however, find a website called "My Pet Chicken" that will sell day-old chicks and mail them Express to Hawaii, and they handle all the Dept of Agriculture import permits. They have quite a large variety of chickens, including docile, productive layers. However, they have a minimum order of eight chickens, which is more than I can handle...

Searches on craiglist and the like have not been productive for me, so I will keep searching.

Good luck!
Maile
Kailua, HI

Hi there, I am trying to find a baby chick a good home! I rescued it from a dog's mouth in the park and nursed him back to perfect health. He is so cuddly and adorable but is getting very lonely. He keeps looking at the mirror in his box and trying to snuggle with his reflection. I live in a condo and can't keep him and would love to find him a home. I don't know if you or someone you know might have baby chicks approximately his age right now? He/she is around 3-4 weeks old. I put up a craigslisting if you'd like to see pics:

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/grd/4128057950.html

Thanks so much!

Aloha kākou,

I am just starting off, but I will be breeding 3 breeds. True rumpless Araucanas(blue egg), Cream Legbars(blue egg) and Black Copper Marans(Dark brown eggs). If everything goes well, I hope to have some cream legbar chicks in March, 2014. Others to follow soon after.

kden, Puhi

Aloha Jenny,

I have some half cream legbar chicks that are 2-3 weeks old and pure Cream Legbar chicks coming soon. The pure Cream Legbar chicks can be sexed at birth so you only get females. They cost more. The half chicks cannot be sexed until a couple of months perhaps. I have more descriptions on cragislits.

Take care, Puhi

Aloha, Puhi,
I am interested in increasing my backyard flock - I have a Barred Rock and a RIR (hens) and am interested a pure cream legbar chick. Do you have any chicks available? I am in Central Oahu. Thank you!

Aloha Puhi,
Do you have any chicks right now? We're only looking for 2 for pets for the kids.
Aloha,
Sharene

Aloha kākou,

My gurls took a long break, but are now going off. My incubator is full and we are expecting Female Cream Legbar chicks, and straight run Black Copper Marans and true Araucanas. I will also have female Silver Leghorns soon which lay a white egg almost every day.

I live in Kailua.

Aloha, Puhi

Back
Top Bottom